Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Beautiful boating weather....perhaps not!

You've heard of 'getting all your ducks in a row'......well, this time it's boats, rather than ducks (but one just sneaked into shot!)

Now that Spring is finally arriving and the soggy Warwickshire countryside is drying out enough to make walking rather than wading an option, I ventured out along the nearby Oxford Canal yesterday morning.


It's a while since I last came this way but very little has changed; some of the narrow-boats at the boatyard are still 'parked' up waiting for warmer weather and people to hire them - it'll soon be Easter and they'll be gliding up and down the canals regularly.

There was a slight break in the clouds as I turned round and headed for home and was greeted with a "Mornin' Missus!" salutation from the driver of a floating 'craft-shop' (judging by the signs on the side and the carvings in the windows).  As I snapped a picture, he chugged off into the distance - slow, calm and sedate.


 A great antidote to the helter-skelter world we live in these days!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've said it before; Mr. Toad is missing from your pictures. I'm sure the craft shop fellow would help him escape from prison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Joanne - to this day I've never read The Wind in the Willows....maybe I'd better find out about Toad & his friends!

      Delete
  2. I was just admiring your beautiful photos, thinking how serene the bottom one is, when I read Joanne's comment and suddenly wondered just what that girly-girl is smoking these days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy - if it 'floats her boat' leave her be... ;-)

      Thanks for your comments - the pics were snapped quickly on my phone; I plan to break out the 'posh' camera and take some better ones if the weather improves later this week!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely peaceful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are wonderful. What a pleasant walk you must have enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a quiet life. We have been watching "Morse" lately, and many barges (?) are in scenes. Envy here.

    ReplyDelete